I woke up a bit late today and watched the Tour de France replay before heading over to the running store. Still looking for another pair of shoes to replace my New Balance 826's. Thinking about getting a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders to trade off days with my Asics Speedstars.
I was pretty tired when I got back from the running store, so I napped... for like 3 1/2 hours.
Ended up feeling pretty weird on my run and not in a good way for most of it. Ran on the roads just after dark. Felt surprisingly effortless to begin, and that never turns out well for me. By two miles, my legs were hurting pretty good. Felt a bit better the last two miles and sped up just a bit. After a 7:30 first mile, I turned the watch off. Probably about 7:10 pace towards the end.
I'm trying to avoid using my watch often on runs where I know the miles. I don't need to be overly concerned with my pace yet. When I'm watching my splits, I tend to push myself just a bit harder at each mile, and that's not what I need right now. I do need to push myself, but I can do that enough by feel. Besides, I don't need to be getting down on myself if I have days where I feel shitty and split 8 minute miles. I'm giving myself until at least August before I pay much attention to day-to-day pace. That's not to say I won't check splits occasionally to know where I am, but at this point, my fitness is changing so rapidly that splits do not matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment