So today's morning run didn't happen. I just can't seem to get myself to bed an hour earlier at night, nor can I wake up early in the morning. Hell, I'm late to work every day as it is. It will happen this week though. I have to move to mornings.
So tonight I ran an easy 5. Mostly roads, but maybe a mile of it on grass. Calves felt pretty tired, especially on the grass, but it was an alright run. Easy 5 miles isn't a foreign concept to me anymore, so that's pretty nice. Now if only I could comprehend "easy 10..."
Over the next few weeks, I'm going to work down the pace I'm comfortable with. I've been starting out runs right around 7:30 pace and working down a bit. I have no problem running a mile or so there on training runs, but I need to get down to the 7-7:15 range quicker. Once I'm comfortable there, I'll work on making somewhere around 6:50-7 my training pace by the end of summer. Though that is subject to change to the faster side.
Tomorrow or Wednesday is gonna be either a Fartlek or a two mile tempo. The other will happen later in the week, either Friday or Saturday. Saturday might be good for the tempo so I have time to drive around and find an open track. Rest of the week will look something like this: 6, 7, 5, 6, 6, 9 for 44 miles total. After that, it's up to 50 for the final days of July into August. If I adapt well and can work my pace down while upping the miles, then August could see some bigger numbers which would be nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment