I'm extremely glad that I decided to move my off-day to Tuesday or Wednesday.
After work, I headed to the running store near my bus route. They were overpriced and had a limited selection. They didn't even carry the right kind of Vibram Five Fingers. Tried on the Nike Luna Trainers and they felt okay.
With no success at this store, I made the trek back home and then to Dick Pond Athletics. I decided on a pair of Asics Gel Speedstars. I ran in the first generation of this shoe and liked the ride, though I found the shoe had durability issues. Hopefully they have corrected those. I also bought The Stick. And The Stick cured my sore legs before heading out on my run. Before running, I hit the grocery store for some yummy, mostly organic food.
I ran 25 minutes with over half on limestone trail and the rest on asphalt. A few hills during this run. Followed that with 5 minutes barefoot. My calves had been too sore (and my injured-side calf too weak) to run barefoot prior to today. I was pretty pumped, even if I was a bit ginger whilst shoeless.
Overall, I just felt great. Felt like I knew how to run again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment