Sunday, June 28, 2009

The week in review

Has it really been over 10 days since my last post? I have to get on that. It's been quite the week. I'll post what I can remember.

After last Wednesday, I continued to build up my time running with less time walking. This week, I hit 20 miles in 5 days. There was some cross training tossed in, but I can't remember it all, so just the running will have to do.

Friday, June 19 - 18 minutes of running with some rest tossed in. I think I did strides as well.

Sunday, June 21 - 10 minute run, 1 walk, 5 run, 1 walk, 5 run for 20 minutes of total running. Ran with my dad so a bit easier than I had been doing.

Monday, June 22 - 10 minute run, 1 walk, 5 run, 1 walk, 5 run followed by strides. The strides did not work out so well. My left IT band was giving me trouble around the knee. I rolled it out and iced pretty well.

Wednesday, June 24 - 15 minute run, 1 walk, 7:30 run, 1 walk, 3:45 run for 3.5 miles. Actually, that second walk may not have happened. I don't recall it very well. Either way, a very solid run, first time on the roads since coming back. Timed the first mile to get an idea of what my pace is. Just under 7:30. Sped up a bit as I went.

Thursday, June 25 - 4 miles. I think I stopped once pretty late for 1 minute. Felt alright.

Saturday, June 27 - 34 minute run with no stops. 4.5 miles. Felt great to get in a solid run over 30 minutes without a break. Been a looooooonnnggg time. I was pretty damn sore after this run. It was mostly on asphalt as my left calf was giving me a bit of trouble again.

Sunday, June 28 - Ran around 2:30 in the afternoon. Not a good plan, not a good run. Ran about 15 minutes, took 1 minute walk, got back home around 29 minutes, grabbed some water, jogged another 7 minutes. Did 4 strides after and they were okay despite feeling like death. When I got inside, I felt my shorts and they were nearly completely dry. Oops. Guess I was dehydrated. I'm a dumbass. 5 miles on the day.

So the big news came Friday: I went to the doctor and he cleared me completely. Told me to dial it up, go for it, etc.

Next week, I'm aiming for 30 miles in 6 days. I said previously that I'd take Monday off, but I may move that to Tuesday so that I'm only running 5 days in a row with next Monday off before trying 6 days in a row that week. Anyway, the week will look something like 4, 5, 4.5, 5.5, 5, 6 for whichever 6 days I run. I wish I could front-load my week as I used to, but my fitness is improving almost daily, so I really can't do it.

The next month:
Week of Monday:
June 29 - 30 miles in 6 days
July 6 - 35-40 miles in 6 days
July 13 - 40-45 miles in 6 or 7 days
July 20 - 45-50 miles in 7 days

No comments: