Took a nice, long nap after work. Headed out to the soccer fields near my house just before dark.
3 minute jog, 1 minute walk for 24 minutes. That's 18 minutes of running. Felt pretty good. My form was just about where I wanted it when I paid attention. Still a bit sloppy when I'm tired and don't pay attention. Did the last jog rep at a pretty decent clip.
15 minutes of swimming following the run.
My left leg is sore in the calf towards the shin. Really, really nervous about feeling it in the bone. I'm not even sure that pain in the area would be unexpected. I'm sure there's still swelling, and things are definitely still healing. Just over a week until the doctor, so I'll just keep an eye on it until then.
The plan is run a little shorter tomorrow, cutting out some rest. Run again Saturday, possibly continuous.
Next week, I will run Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday for about 20 miles. The week after that, so long as my doctor gives me the nod to kick it up a notch, I will take Monday off and then put in 30 miles in 6 days. From there, keep it at 6 days for another week or two. Maybe 35-40 miles, 40-45 miles, then hit 45-50 the last week of July.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment