I just returned from my first workout post-surgery. It wasn't anything too exciting, just testing out my bionic leg (har har har). I took 1 Norco and 2 ibu profin around 1 today, and then the same before I left to work out around 6:30. I'm keeping track of the medicine so that I know how much my pain (or lack thereof) is natural and how much is chemically induced.
I started out with 15 minutes easy on the recumbent stationary bike. My knee was a little bit tight and sore at the top of my stroke, but that seemed to subside after a few minutes. Towards the end, as I increased resistance a bit, I felt just a little bit of soreness once again. Overall, no major (or minor) problems.
I then did about 15 minutes on the elliptical. Tried to keep my cadence up and added a little resistance later. No problems here. Occasionally a twinge of pain when I came down hard on the left, but nothing else.
Stretched out fairly well and it still feels loose now, about an hour later. Maybe tightening up just a little. I plan on icing for a bit just in case.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment