Friday, May 29, 2009

Swimming and a cold bike ride

Got my staples out today. Doctor said everything looks great. I'm still trying to digest everything he said about returning to running. The difficulty is that this Doc knows me. I've been going to him for about a decade now, and he knows that I'm gonna push the limits of whatever he says. If he tells me to start out running 10 minutes on grass every other day and build 10% per week, he knows I'll be running 20-30 minutes everyday by the second week. So more on that in a later post.

I was cleared to hit the water today, so I went to the gym... and discovered that the deepest the pool gets is 4 1/2 feet. How am I supposed to aqua jog in that shit? So swimming it was. Swam for 30 minutes, switching strokes about every 5 minutes. Did front -> back -> front -> breast (hehe) -> front (3 min) -> back (4 min) -> front (3 min). Yes, I just laughed at breast stroke, and yes, I turn 22 next week. The swimming felt good. Not as difficult as I thought it would be.

After swimming, I headed home and got out my mountain bike. It was dark. My neighbors probably think I am crazy. Oh wait, they've seen me running at 3 am before. Nevermind. I didn't realize that the temperature had dropped 20 degrees since my doctor appointment. I was wearing running tight shorts instead of bike shorts. It was quite cold. Did 30 minutes.

My leg was feeling good today. I was a little worried that it would be hurting after a late night dancing at my buddy's concert last night, but no problems.

Good talk. See you out there.

No comments: